NOCCR Knoxville is currently seeking adult smokers age 22-65 for a clinical research study. Qualified participants must have smoked at least ≥5 cigarettes per day for at least the past year. Participants must also be willing to complete 3 separate overnight stays in the study center, 2 follow up visits, and 1 follow up phone call.
During this study, participants would be randomized into one of 8 groups in which they will be required to continue the use of their regular, commercially available cigarettes, begin using the test product assigned to that group, or begin smoking cessation. You must be willing to randomize into any of these groups and be willing to comply with the restrictions of the group you into which you have been randomized.
Randomization groups are as follows:
• A – Tobacco flavor electronic cigarette
• B – Cherry flavor electronic cigarette
• C – Menthol flavor electronic cigarette
• D – Regular tobacco vapor product
• E – Menthol green tobacco vapor product
• F – Menthol purple tobacco vapor product
• G – Usual brand of cigarette (whatever you would normally smoke)
• H – Tobacco cessation (Attempt to stop use of tobacco/nicotine products)
Timeline of study stays/visits
• Visit 1 – Screening
• Visit 2 – In clinic stay: 9 days/8 nights (day -3 to day 6)
• Visit 3 – Outpatient visit on day 15
• Visit 4 – In clinic stay: 2 days/1 night (day 29 to day 30)
• Visit 5 – Outpatient visit on day 45
• Visit 6 – In clinic stay: 2 days/1 night (day 59 to day 60)
• Follow up phone call 12-14 days after day 60
Compensation up to $3175 is available for time and travel. To learn if you might qualify for this study, please complete the questionnaire for this study or speak with a member of our recruitment team by calling 865-305-DRUG(3784).